My New Year's Resolutions run as follows:
- I am going to write my Blog more regularly and more frequently. (That one's going well already!) And I'm going to include more diverse material - more "serious" stuff (about work) and analysis/reviews of things, as well as the usual whimsy.
- I am going to practise more. And I'm talking about actual, proper practice - working on my technique, playing scales, learning things that I actually want to learn - not just learning the tracks I have to learn for whatever gigs or sessions I have coming up.
- I should like to do more piano gigs. I love doing drumkit/percussion work, of course, but I would really like to start doing more regular gigs on piano/keyboards as well. (You - yes, you - can help with this resolution, by hiring me for keyboard gigs! Email me for for more information.)
- I am hoping to read more books. I used to be an avid reader, but in recent years this has slipped, and I regret it. Literature is hugely important, and I intent to reverse this trend over 2012.
- I will try to write more jokes. I'm sure you're probably groaning at the thought, just from reading that - but I mean it. I love comedy, and I wish I were able to be more involved it. My one-liners and puns on Twitter are really my only decent outlet for this interest, so I hope I shall be able to make more of it.
- I will go to more comedy gigs. Related to the previous point, of course - as I said, I love comedy, and I enjoy going to see comedians perform live. In 2012, I shall make a point of making more time for this hobby.
So, there y'go! Let's hope I can stick to these, and possibly revisit the subject during the year, to see how the Resolutions are progressing.