Monday 3 February 2014

Cold calling

Earlier today, I had the misfortune to experience a bizarre spam phone call. (You know the sort of thing I mean - some shady company with a made up name rings you up to claim they can get you 'compensation' for injuries suffered in a freak flan-baking accident, then they steal your identity and disappear into the alps when you acquiesce.) The following is a rough transcript of my brief interaction with one of these people...

Caller: hello, is that Mr Marsden?

Me: yes, who is this?

Caller: hi there, I'm calling on behalf of LTA Legal. Our records indicate that you have been involved in a road traffic accident at some point in the past two-and-a-half years - is that correct?

Me: I'm sorry, could you just explain again who you are, and exactly how you got my phone number?

Caller: well, you sound like a knobber!

*caller hangs up*

Very odd indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment - give your feedback, answer a question, start a debate, make a point, or simply hurl abuse... It's up to you! ;)