Wednesday 31 December 2014

A look back at 2014

Today is the last day of 2014, while tomorrow will be a 2015.  Nothing will change, of course, as we cross that imaginary line in the sand, as the calendar is simply an arbitrary construct, as are all ways of organising time.  Nevertheless, it customary at this time of year to look back over the past twelve months and reflect on the good times, and what one has achieved, with an air of smug self-satisfaction, and I would hate to be the only person on the internet not joining in with this self-congratulatory tradition.

  • I left the radiators on all year 'round, because I wanted to see what it would be like to live in the Seychelles (where they worship radiators as demigods).
  • I briefly spoke on the phone with the Pope but we got cut off when he lost signal.
  • I won three rounds of 'Uno' in a row.
  • I invented a new way of peeling vegetables which extracts the inner part of the vegetable through a tube rather than scraping off the outer layers in the old and inefficient method.
  • My friends all chipped in to buy me shares in the World's Largest Cucumber.
  • I rowed from Britain to Ireland across the Irish Sea in a boat made entirely from elastic bands.
  • I ate over 19,000 chips.
Another successful year!  Thanks for being a part of it – and here's to 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment - give your feedback, answer a question, start a debate, make a point, or simply hurl abuse... It's up to you! ;)