Thursday 28 April 2011

I promised myself I wouldn't Blog about the Royal Wedding...

...but now look what's happened!

I am noticing a certain amount of anti-Royal Wedding sentiment floating around, and, if I'm honest, it's making me rather uncomfortable; I don't feel that William and Kate deserve the kind of stick they've been getting from some quarters...  I don't want to sound too cheesy, but I think if two people who love each other get married, that is something to be celebrated - whether they be Royal or not...

This post is somewhat inspired by a Tweet by comedian Chris Addison (of whom I am normally a big fan) about the wedding, which said -
Seriously, if people whom I actually know and like gave me this much info on their wedding in advance I wouldn't go.
OK, fair enough...  But I'm guessing that if people you actually knew and liked told you about their wedding, and you reacted in such a surly and ungracious way, they probably wouldn't be your friends for much longer!

Yes, I understand that this particularly item of news may not interest everyone, but is there really any need for this persistent moaning?  In my opinion, it's unnecessary, and actually quite disrespectful...

So, enjoy the wedding celebrations tomorrow - or ignore them, if you wish - but for goodness' sake, keep your whingeing negativity to yourself; it is of no benefit to anyone!

1 comment:

DEZMOND said...

I'm still waiting for my royal invitation :) Am I too optimistic? :)))

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment - give your feedback, answer a question, start a debate, make a point, or simply hurl abuse... It's up to you! ;)